I usually get more than a dozen bags.
After you have tasted this butterscotch bar, you are hooked.
I wish they'll export it here in the U.S.
otherwise they'll have to stay at a Hotel instead of staying at my home.
and have tried various ones from chefs and bloggers,
Note: I said the closest I got. Not the same. But close enough.
1 1/4 Stick Unsalted Butter ( 10 tablespoon)
1 1/4 cups light or dark brown Sugar
1 tbsp. Light Corn Syrup
1 Large egg + 1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp. almond extract or 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/22 -2/3 cup chopped cashews (or 1/2 cup almonds or 1/2 cup peanuts)
Other additions: ( for Blondies)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 a cup choice of dried fruit
2 tbsp. of Toffee
1/2 cup Butterscotch morsels
- Butter and Line an 8x8 or 9x9 pan. with Parchment Paper, make sure you allow a 2 inch overhang.
- Preheat oven the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour and salt, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add sugar, and light corn syrup, whisk well until combined, until sugar is melted.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium size bowl.
- Cool slightly.
- Whisk in eggs, add almond and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture, and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in nuts or your choice of other additions. (see note)
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Cut into squares.
- Butterscotch Bars from this particular bakery is made with peanuts or cashews.
- Blondies you can add what ever your heart desires, be it chocolate chips, butterscotch morsels, dried fruits or toffees.