I have never tried using fresh lychees because I need the syrup for this recipe.
And fresh Lychees is scarce here in the U.S. especially in the Midwest.
1 1/2 can Lychees in syrup, quartered
1 cup Lychee syrup
1/2 cup cold water
3 1 oz. envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
1 cup water, boiled
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 7.6 fl. oz. can Nestle Media Crema table cream
- Drain 1 cup of lychee syrup in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cut Lychees in quarter size. Randomly place quartered lychees in a bundt pan or a gelatin mold if you have one. Set aside.
- Mix 1 cup Lychee syrup with 1/2 cup cold water.
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over Lychee syrup and water mix. Let stand for about 2 mins.
- Stir in I cup boiling water.
- Add condensed milk and Nestle Table cream. Mix well.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour milk mixture into the prepared mold.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- DO NOT ADD gelatin in boiling water for this will cause the gelatin to have a paste or glue like consistency.
- What is MEDIA CREMA TABLE CREAM? It is also known as light cream. Light cream has about 18%- 30% fat.