- Ham (ask for no nitrates), Provolone, and Lettuce on whole grain bread.
- Quesadilla with low-fat cheese and chicken breast.
- Whole Grain Pasta with Peas and Carrots topped with Parmesan Cheese.
- Fresh Mozzarella BLT (turkey bacon, no nitrates) with Pesto.
- Fried Brown Rice with eggs, peas and carrots. Yes, my kids take rice at school.
- My kids love taking what was Left-over from dinner too, especially soup.So make sure you get a thermal food container for each child.
For Snacks I pack,
- Low-fat Yogurt
- Baked Goldfish
- Low sodium/part-skim Mozzarella sticks
- Colorful Veggies with Ranch dip made from Greek yogurt
- Baked Snapea Crisps
And I usually make my kids homemade treats.
- Homemade Rice Krispy Treats
- White Chocolate Chunk & Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Fruit Leather (not the rainbow colored ones, try making it if you can)
- Berry Parfaits (use Greek yogurt)