- In a large bowl, combine papaya and 1/4 cup salt. Cover, and Refrigerate for at least 30 mins. to 2 hours.
- Rinse and drain.
- After draining, mixed in ginger, onions and all vegetable ingredients.
- Transfer to a sterilized canning jar, leave about 1/4-inch room for the vinegar mixture. Set aside.
- In a pot, add vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Take off the heat and let it slightly cool down.
- Pour the mixture in the sterilized jars with the vegetable mixture.
- Wipe rims, adjust two-piece lids and close.
- Put in the canner, if you don't have one, in a separate pan with about 2 inches of water, bring water to a boil and process for 10 minutes.
- Take jars out, set on top of towels on the counter, when you hear a "Pop", that's when you know your jars are sealed.
- Best eaten after a week in the refrigerator.
- May last up to 6 months.