Want to impress your guests?
1 tsp cornstarch
1 oz semisweet chocolate, grated
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups strawberries or mixed berries of choice
- Place the broken chocolate pieces in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Stir until melted.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream.
- Spread most of the melted over 2 meringue layers, reserving a little bit for garnish. Let set.
- Place 1 chocolate-coated meringue on a plate and top with whipped cream and berries.
- Gently place the second chocolate-coated meringue on top and spread with whipped cream, top with more berries.
- Place the last meringue on the top, decorate with remaining whipped cream and berries.
- Drizzle with the remaining melted chocolate over the top (optional) and serve.
- The third tier is optional. You can only do 2 layers if you please, just like what my guests and I did.