2 Ataulfo Mangoes, chunks
1 cup fresh pineapple, chunks
1 cup pineapple juice
2 cups crushed ice
Agave or Honey, to taste
- In a blender, add ice first, mango chunks, pineapple chunks and pineapple juice.
- Crush until smooth.
- Add 1-2 oz tequila, rum, or vodka if preferred.
- The reason why I use Ataulfo is, it has string-less flesh, the seed is thin, the meat portion is quite large, and it has a fantastic melt in your mouth flavor.
- Choose bright yellow to orange when ripe not light green.
- Other names for Ataulfo mango are Manila, Champagne, adolfo, honey or baby mango.
- Do not use Red mangoes, it is very stringy.
- Frozen mango and pineapple chunks can of course be use.