off I went to see the ENT Specialist and after examining me,
because I have GERD,
to a GERD bland diet.
tomatoes, garlic, onions, citrus fruits, dairy,
and the list just goes on and on and on.
and I most especially love my citrus fruits,
mint & chocolate.
while I am having the Ultrasound,
The ingredients is a perfect example
goodbye curries, goodbye peppers, goodbye tomatoes,
goodbye grapefruit, goodbye mint and chocolate!!!
this doesn't mean I am going to stop posting delicious flavorful dishes.
Like I said,
I will make it, I just can't eat it.
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
(you can use Sweet/Spicy Italian sausages if you prefer)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a 12 inch skillet, heat on medium-high heat, saute onions until golden brown.
- Add garlic, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add sausages, saute for about 4-5 minutes. (If using italian sausages cook separately according to cooking instructions, set aside to cool and slice into 1 inch pieces).
- Add the tomato paste and stir.
- Stir in wine, let it simmer. Stir and scrape brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer. Cook until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Add peppers, and saute for another minute.
- Take out from heat.
- Brush sub rolls with garlic butter, then toast.
- Pile the sausage mixture into the sub rolls, and serve.
- I also love this over thin spaghetti, toss the spaghetti and sausage, peppers and onions in a bowl, sprinkle parmigianno, and serve.
- If using Italian sausages you can do 1/2 lb sweet and 1/2 lb spicy. Cook according to cooking instructions. Set aside to cool and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- You can also use marsala wine instead of dry white wine.
- My husband loves mushrooms, so you can add that if prefered.