1 1/3 cup chocolate chips
10 tbsp decaf coffee
1 tbsp dutch cocoa powder (optional)
a pinch of salt
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
10 pcs oreos cookie crumbs, (remove cream filling)
- Place mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine coffee, salt, and cocoa powder (optional).
- Add chocolate chips, stir frequently until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place heavy cream in the cold mixing bowl, beat (using a wire wisk attachment)until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add sugar, 1 tbsp at a time until all sugar has been added.
- Beat for another minute or two until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into the chocolate mixture, blend gently but thoroughly until no white streaks
- Spoon mousse into your desired dessert glass, layer it with oreo crumbs and top with the whipped cream.
- Garnish with a mint sprig, berry or choice and you can also top it with white and dark chocolate shavings.