This cocktail was refreshingly good but it needed a little help from The Red Apron to make it GREAT.
I decided to add more vodka, the one I had at Genji needed a bit more of it, I also added more blackberries to enhance the flavor.
This is a perfect cocktail for a hot summer day too.
Even the kids can share this drink just don't add the vodka of course.
We all know they want what the adults are always having especially if its a pretty drink like this.
11/2 - 2 parts Grey Goose (depending on how strong you want it)
1 part Blackberry Simple Syrup (see below for recipe)
Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- In a cocktail shaker, lightly muddle the 5 blackberries and blackberry simple syrup.
- Fill the rest of the glass with the tonic water.
- Add vodka and the freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish with blackberries and a thinly sliced orange.
Blackberry Simple Syrup
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 pint blackberries
- In a saucepan, stir together all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Simmer until sugar has dissolved and blackberries are soft.
- Let Cool.
- Strain into a jar, pressing as much juice out as you can from the blackberries.