1 package Bacon
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp chili pepper
1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk sugar and spices in a bowl.
- Coat one side (only) of the bacon with the sugar and spice mixture.
- Arrange bacon strips (with the sugar mixture topside) on the cooling rack placed on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until caramelized and almost crispy.
- Cool and Serve.
- I baked this bacon a day ahead, stored at room temperature.
- Placing the cooling rack in a baking sheet helps the fat drip away from the bacon,
- and makes a much crispier bacon.
- Keep in mind that when you take out the bacon from the oven, the bacon will crisp up a bit more while cooling.