Update on my post about Volleyball:
My daughter chose her school team.
|Fagilioni con pancetta e mandorle to my Italian friends.|
- Boil water in a pot, blanche string beans for 3-4 minutes. Drain in a colander and plunge immediately to ice water to stop the cooking. Drain thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and pancetta. Cook pancetta until brown and crispy.
- Add shallots.
- Add String beans, stir for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with Balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds. Serve warm.
- You can substitute almonds with pine nuts. I just happen to love almonds.
- If you can't find pancetta, you can substitute with bacon.
- This is a perfect pair for any fish dish or just by itself, a perfect light lunch.