and to those who hate the long lines,
fret no more,
- Thaw puff pastry.
- Once thawed, cut each puff pastry 4 ways to make 8 squares. Or 6 ways to make 12 out of the 2 pastry in a box.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- While Puff pastry is thawing, in a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, egg, and powdered sugar. Using a mixer, blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture on top of the puff pastry.
- Tightly roll, you can roll it either way just like the photo shown on the right.
- Brush top of pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake at 400° F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, brush top of pastry with melted butter and sprinkle granulated sugar on top.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes, until golden brown.
- Every oven is different. The altitude also place a great role on the success of your baking. Here's a link on the adjustments: http://allrecipes.com/howto/high-altitude-cake-baking/
- You have to roll pastry to fully close. If you just fold it once, it will open when you bake it.
- In this recipe I made about 8 large cheese rolls, but you can make 12 out of one puff pastry box. It will be just the right size.