Cold days or nights ... calls for a warm drink.
A decadent steamy spiced chocolate drink, will do.
Not a cup of chocolate drink made from Hershey cocoa, but a hot chocolate drink from a good mexican chocolate made from roasted and ground cacao nibs, with cinnamon and sugar.
This drink will surely brighten any cloudy day!!!
Like any chocolate lover, I love a rich and creamy steamy cup of hot chocolate drink, so in this recipe I added a good quality unsweetened cocoa powder and heavy cream. And added whipped topping for extra, extra creaminess.
4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1 disk of Mexican sweet chocolate, chopped
- Pour milk in a medium saucepan, add the cocoa powder and salt, whisk constantly until it comes to a full boil.
- Add the heavy cream and the chopped Mexican chocolate, whisk gently until chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a cup. Add whipped topping before serving. And garnish with chocolate shavings.
- I like my hot chocolate creamy so I made this with heavy cream and milk, you can omit the heavy cream if so desired.
- For a smoother consistency, you can use an immersion blender or simply place the strainer over a large bowl, line with cheese cloth and pour hot chocolate, strain the lumps out through cheese cloth to ensure a smooth hot chocolate drink.