- Batteries ✓
- Bbq grill's propane tank still full ✓
- Butane for my single stove ✓
- Blankets & coats (dry & clean) ✓
- Dry socks ✓
- Food in the freezer ✓
- Pantry has enough groceries to feed us for weeks ✓
- Bottled Water ✓
It surely shows that I have never lived in the snow long enough.
Hey, there's no snow in Los Angeles.
So you have to understand my paranoia.
Cold days or nights ... calls for a warm drink.
A decadent steamy spiced chocolate drink, will do.
- Pour milk in a medium saucepan, add the cocoa powder and salt, whisk constantly until it comes to a full boil.
- Add the heavy cream and the chopped Mexican chocolate, whisk gently until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add cayenne or chili powder, whisk until blended.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a cup. Add whipped topping before serving. And garnish with chocolate shavings.
- I like my hot chocolate creamy so I made this with heavy cream and milk, you can omit the heavy cream if so desired.
- For a smoother consistency, you can use an immersion blender or simply place the strainer over a large bowl, line with cheese cloth and pour hot chocolate, strain the lumps out through cheese cloth to ensure a smooth hot chocolate drink.