I am off to a Moms Weekend at Northport, MI,
and will be visiting an orchard that grows different varieties of
I will post our mini "Moms Only "vacation when I get back.
and desserts offered.
scared me the most.
and cut into 1/8 thick slices1 1/2 lbs Golden Delicious Apples, peeled, cored,
and cut into 1/8 thick slices
- Preheat oven at 400 F degrees.
- Roll out one of the disks of pie crust on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan. Set aside and keep chilled.
- In a large bowl combine 2/3 cup sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add apples, drizzle with lemon juice and gently toss to combine.
- Pour apple mixture in prepared pieEvenly distribute apple filling in pie plate, mounding apples in center.
- Top with remaining dough, trim, leaving a 1/2 inch overhang, and crimp edges to seal.
- From the trimmed dough cut out a large apple shape, and 6 small leaves.
- Transfer apple shape cut-out on center of pie and alternate slits with apple leaves cut-out.
- Brush top surface with egg wash, sprinkle 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Bake until juices buuble out of the slits, about 30 minutes covered with aluminum foil, then another 30 minutes uncovered to prevent from over browning.