in the United States of America.
today I would like to pay tribute
to the heroes and victims
And let us not forget the men and women in uniform
who enlist to protect us
from tragedies like this from happening again.
|photo courtesy of SAKS|
I made this
healthy, colorful, and delicious dish everyone will love.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 lb shrimps, peeled and deveined (optional)
1 cup pork strips, (optional)
1 cup beef stir-fry strips, (optional)
2 carrots, sliced
1 chayote squash, sliced
1 green pepper, seeded and diced
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
1 can sliced water chestnuts or 1/2 cup sliced fresh water chestnuts
1 cup cauliflower
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup snow peas
1/2 head Cabbage or Napa Cabbage, cut to 1 inch wide strips
salt and white pepper to taste
- Slice vegetables
- Sauté onions and garlic until golden brown.
- Add shrimps or pork strips or beef strips, cook until brown. (This is optional for my Vegetarian friends)
- Add carrots, peppers, water chestnuts, cauliflower, stir-fry for 2-3 mins.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with vegetable broth. Add to the vegetable mix.
- Add snow peas, cabbbage and soy sauce.
- Cover and let cook for another 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat.