Because really ... who wants to be in the kitchen
after a full day of activities.
I'm no June Cleaver
and even Martha Stewart gets her hair ruffled sometimes.
1 lb angus lean ground beef
2 lbs 85/15% lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup chopped parsley
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large egg, beaten
2 tbsp catsup
3 tbsp bbq sauce
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
BBq sauce to top
- Preheat oven at 350 F degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix well by hand. Avoid mashing or squeezing the meat, this will make the meatloaf dense.
- Free form into 2 large loaves or 4-6 mini individual loaves.
- For the 2 Large loaves, bake for 1 hour. Spread Bbq sauce on top of meatloaf, bake for another 5 minutes.
- For the Mini loaves, bake for 40 minutes. Spread Bbq sauce on top of meatloaf, bake for another 5 minutes.
- Or bake until internal temperature reaches 155 F degrees.
- Serve hot.