12 lbs of Korean shortribs or 8 flank steak cut in thin strips
6 large Chinese green onions, thinly sliced, divided for marinade/garnish
*if you don't want to make your own puree don't fuss you can buy purees at your local supermaket and if you are really feeling lazy,substitute the *first 4 ingredients
- Place in a large aluminum deep baking dish or a large plastic zip bag (for easy disposal).
- Combine all the ingredients together, blend well.
- Pour the mixture over the meat making sure the ribs are well coated.
- Cover and Marinate for at least 4 hrs. turning the meat every 2 hrs. to make sure both sides are well marinated.
- Best if marinated overnight.
- Heat grill to medium heat (Do not cook in medium-high heat, I have found out in a painful and bitter way will just burn you and the meat)
- Place meat on grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Garnish with the rest of the Chinese green onions and toasted sesame seeds(optional). Most kids don't like it, so I suggest sprinkle only on the adults plate.