Nope! Not your usual dry Macaroons.
is describe as a heavenly taste of delicious
moist & chewy goodness confection.
makes the best
I would drop whatever I am doing to get to my grandma's fast
before anyone else gets there and snatch
all the delicious mini golden sweet confections.
No not sharing it!
with my little man helping me make a mess in the kitchen,
experimented on different recipes, adding on, less of this, little less of that
to recreate my Aunt's recipe.
After a few trial and errors without blowing up my kitchen
I finally got the right recipe.
1/2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Line mini muffin pan with mini cupcake liner.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, Cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and eggs, mix until blended and smooth.
- Stir in condensed milk, vanilla and the coconut flakes.
- Add the dry mixture in. Blend well.
- Drop the batter into the prepared lined mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool and Serve.
- Yields 48-52 mini confections.
- Be careful in buying coconut flakes, sometimes they have been on the shelf for so long they are extremely dry.
- You can definitely drizzle melted white chocolate on top for a more gourmet decadence.
- You can definitely substitute white sugar with brown and with other dry sweeteners.
|Mackinac Island & The Grand Hotel|